The Experienced Golfer’s Ultimate Guide to Best Golf Training Aids
If you want to become a better golfer you are going to have to practice. There are so many ways you can practice besides just going out on the course as there now are plenty of outdoor and indoor golf training aids you can purchase and set up at home. Although going out on the course each and every day is bound to improve your game, it will not help you to do things like swing properly or teach you the proper spot golf where a ball is supposed to connect with your club. In order to learn how to do these things properly, there are tools available to help. Below we have a quick overview of the training aids that are available on the market and how each of them can help you to improve your game.Remember that these are overviews for some of the best training aids on the market, but no training aid is a perfect fit for everyone and it is important to diagnose your own flaws so that you can get yourself the proper training equipment in order to improve your golf game.
- Good Golf Practice Nets
- Good Golf Swing Trainers
- Good Impact Trainers
- Good Golf Gloves
- Good Golf Towels
- Good Putter Return Machines
- Good Practice Golf Balls
- Good Golf Speed Radar Sensors
- What Is the Best Golf Training Aid for Youth Golfers
- Final Review of Best Golf Training Aids
Good Golf Practice Nets
A golf practice net is one of the best practice aids money can buy. It allows you to shoot into it as many times as you like in order to get your proper swinging technique down. This is great for trying out new clubs and teaching other golfers how to play as well. The best part about a golf net is that when you hit a ball into it, it stays within the net and you only have to walk over and get it before you can hit again.
Other golf practice nets have what is called a ball return feature that automatically returns the golf ball right where it started so you won’t have to do a lot of walking to fetch your ball. This design is perfect when you are using only one ball. Using a stockpile of balls you can literally practice your swing for hours at a time in order to correct issues such as slice, turning your body too far or too little; gripping techniques, or even ball and tee placement.
Generally, a more expensive net will have more layers of webbing built into the design so that it is better at absorbing a hard impact. With all that in mind, practice nets are definitely among the top golf training aids available today. It is important to remember, however, that golf nets are lightweight in design and they are normally quite large which can make them vulnerable to wind.
Rukket Haack Golf Net Review
The Rukket Haack Golf Net offers a unique training experience. This net, in particular, is one of the most commonly used golf nets available in the marketplace and offers a ton of awesome features for the average golfer to enjoy.It offers a very durable design that is quite deep and highly capable of absorbing even the hardest shots taken from the best quality clubs on the market.It is a very large net which means you can shoot from a long distance and be able to judge things like slice, curve and spin much easier than that of a smaller net.Check Price on Amazon
- This net is 10 feet by 7 feet making it capable of catching even the worst shots
- Rukket Sports offers an amazing lifetime warranty on this net so that you can buy with confidence
- The net is very easy to assemble and take down considering its large size
- Four-ply netting incorporated into this net doesn’t tangle and won’t break even from the hardest of swings
- The netting is built 3ft deep so that the balls you hit will roll back towards you a bit, you can collect them all at one location so that you can get more practice hits in
- The net comes in its own carrying bag for easy storage and transport if you want to move it around
- Designed by a famous golf coach named Chris Haack who helped to teach several PGA golfers
- Connectors are easily disassembled on the top portion of the net to make wind and bad weather not matterMuch cheaper than going to the driving range to practice your golf swing
- If you are looking for an indoor net, you may not have high enough ceilings to fit this golf net
- Not easy to carry this net around by yourself without disassembling the unit, due to its large size
- Net could blow over if you were to leave it up and standing in heavy wind conditions
Overall this net is definitely one of the nicest golf nets available on the market. Its huge size will allow you to really see the direction that your ball is traveling and help you to adjust your techniques so that you can become a better golfer. This net will hold up through bad weather and is super easy to put up as well as take down if you don’t want to risk leaving it up in a bad storm. The lifetime warranty can give you peace of mind knowing that this is the last golf practice net that you will ever need to buy. Although this net may seem more expensive than some of the other ones on the marketplace; simple things like the rollback feature and four-ply netting help this net to surpass its competition. Not convinced? See the rest of our top golf nets.
Rukket Pop-Up SKEE-GOLF Chipping Target Review
This is an awesome way to perfect your short distance chips. This unique design is available for a very cheap price and contains a variety of holes that you can aim at so that you can practice your aim.The goal is to practice until you can continuously hit it with the same power so that you can get it into the hole that you desire.Improving your short game can be very difficult and having a target to aim at can really help with accuracy as well as distance when you are out on the course.Check Price on Amazon
- This is a very affordable net especially considering how much benefit you could potentially get out of it
- Comes in a Nylon carrying bag which makes it quite easy to transport
- This net is easy to assemble and easy to take down
- The net has three targets available so that you can practice chipping at different heights
- A net behind the targets catches your balls so that you don’t have to run and find them
- Design simply folds down so that you don’t have to worry as much about the windThe steel frame is durable and should make the net last for a long period of time
- The design doesn’t have padding underneath the net, meaning you may not want to use it indoors or you may ruin your floor
- Multiple holes can convince the user they are being accurate when they are just being lucky
For a very affordable price tag, this is a very nice device to help improve your short game. It can be very difficult to chip an accurate distance because a lot of the time you don’t have to make a full swing in order to hit the ball to the location that you want. Continuously hitting a ball is one of the only ways to improve your chipping so that you get used to things like choking up on your club, how high to hit the ball in the air and how hard to hit it. This portable net allows you to practice and it will keep all of your balls in one location so that you can shoot again and again and start to improve your short game.
Ajillis 3 in 1 Golf Practice Set Review
If you are looking for a golf practice set so that you don’t have to buy a whole bunch of products to try and improve your game then this might be something that you are interested in.This set comes with a large practice net, a net that you can chip into as well as a tee off green so that you don’t end up ruining your lawn as a result of your practicing.Check Price on Amazon
- This bundle will save you from buying three separate products at once and it is a pretty reasonable price for three golfing aids
- Weather resistant nets should last you for a long period of time
- Driving range mat uses nylon grass that should be able to take on the test of time
- All of the items in the bundle are capable of folding up for easy storage and transportation
- Large driving net has expandable poles that get up to 7 feet high so that you can stand a bit farther back when you shoot
- Nylon carrying bag comes with the purchase so that you can carry these products around wherever you want to practice
- This is very difficult to assemble and doesn’t have the best instructions
- Net doesn’t come with weights to hold it down in harsh weather conditions, your net might blow away or fall over
- May not have quite the same product quality as equal products bought separately
If you don’t have a big budget but you want a few different options to practice your golf game then this is definitely a set that you might be interested in purchasing. Although you may take a while to assemble the product, it should be much easier to assemble it the second time around and it is much easier to take down than it is to put it up. The carrying case with these products is weather resistant so that you don’t always have to bring your golf set inside after every use. Overall, as long as you watch the wind conditions, this is a great package deal for beginner and amateur golfers alike and will allow for lots of practicing opportunity.
Spornia Golf Practice Hitting Net Review
If you have a high budget this practice net might definitely be something of interest to you. Unlike most other practice nets on the market that simply keep your balls from flying away, this net has a unique ball return system that is going to require much less effort on your part.The net itself is on a tilt and has a target that is up in the air. There is netting below the target that catches the fallen ball and it is sloped back towards you so that the ball rolls down it and stops at a mesh ball stopper.You don’t have to put in much effort to reach your ball and the nice thing about this net is that you can practice with only a couple of balls without having to put in too much effort.Check Price on Amazon
- This net is actually strong enough to stop a full swing in its tracks so that you can practice your techniques and make sure you are hitting straight
- Automatic ball return system saves time having to search for balls and saves a lot of bending over
- Lines on the bottom portion of the net help you to align yourself with the target area
- The target absorbs your ball and doesn’t make a loud sound upon impact like you might think it would
- Can be used indoors as long as you set up some sort of a tee off location
- Ball stopper mesh can hold 200 balls which means that you can do a lot of practicing before having to bend over to grab more balls
- The expensive price tag may make this net out of reach for some people
- Roll back system still requires you to bend over in order to pick up the balls
- Can be difficult to tell the exact spot you hit on the target especially when you are swinging hard
Overall this is a very nice golf net and without a doubt, one of the best golf swing training aids to have at home. Even though it is has a high price tag, it does have some nice features that you aren’t going to find on in a cheap and simple golf net. The unique ball return system, alignment lines, and target area really allow you to work on your short distance chipping without a whole lot of effort. As long as you are willing to fork over a bit more money in order to get yourself a quality, durable product then this golf net may definitely be something that might be of interest to you.
Good Golf Swing Trainers
A golf swing trainer is one of the most efficient ways to learn how to swing a golf club the proper way. Not only can a good golf swing trainer get rid of your bad slice, but it can also teach you to hold your club properly, as well as practice your backswing and downswing. Although you could get an amateur or professional golfer to teach you how to swing, buying yourself a swing trainer is likely going to cost a lot less money than any professional lessons will. Getting into the specifics, there are several types of swing trainers available on the market and each of them has has their own advantages and disadvantages. To make it easier for you to decide which tools to get, we compiled the top golf swing plane training aids that suit every golf enthusiast’s needs and budget. Here are some of the most popular swing trainers available to help you master your swing:
SKLZ Gold Flex Golf Swing Trainer Review
This is one of the most popular swing trainers available in the marketplace. This piece of equipment uses a weighted ball on the end of a rod and you swing it just like you would a golf club in order to practice your swinging technique.The nice thing about this swing trainer is that it is about the size of a regular golf club and can easily fit into your golf bag so that you can warm up using the swing trainer directly on the course before you shoot. If you have seen the more renowned Orange Whip swing trainer, your SKLZ Gold Flex works the same way. It allows you to build arm strength, develop better flexibility, and ultimately a better swing like the Orange Whip does but it can be had at an incredibly modest price.Check Price on Amazon
- The weighted head on the end of the rod helps to make using an actual golf club which is much lighter, that much easier
- Great to use in order to stretch out your muscles so that you don’t hurt yourself warming up
- Ultra-flexible rod lengthens your swing when you go to use your actual clubs which can give you more power and therefore more distance
- The rod feels natural to swing around and helps you to fight slices thanks to its heavyweight
- This rod will feel improper when it is swung the wrong way and it can easily be swung repetitively to try and correct old habits
- High-quality material was used in the manufacturing process so that this rod will last you for a long period of time
- The rod is available in two different lengths to accommodate golfers of different sizes; it is available in a 40-inch length as well as a 48-inch length
- Some people found the swing trainer to be rather lightweight and they prefer a heavier weighted one
- Some people bought the improper size so make sure to choose carefully
- Doesn’t feel quite as natural as a regular golf club
Overall this is a great product to help you improve your golf swing and can be used as often as you want without issue. This tool is great for warming up your muscles before a game, as well as practicing your backswing and downswing, and it can really help to learn new gripping techniques as well as to remove a slice from your swing. It can be hard to find a proper swing trainer that you can literally leave in your golf bag for a warm-up device, but this is one of the most commonly used trainers in the marketplace and is a great learning tool. The nice thing about this training tool is that it is about the price of a cheap golf club and it can improve your all-around golf game with relatively little practice on a regular basis.
MECO Golf Gesture Swing Trainer Review
This is one of the most affordable trainers that money can buy. In fact; it is actually going to be next to impossible to find a swing trainer available at this price.It is important to note that this tool is not really meant for an amateur golfer to improve their technique; it is more meant for a beginner who really doesn’t know what kind of hand placement and swinging technique they should be using.The product itself simply clamps onto any club and balances up against your wrist so that you maintain a proper posture and swinging technique while in use.Check Price on Amazon
- Probably one of the cheapest useful devices on the market
- Can be used with any golf club in order to help show the user the proper hand movements
- The device is made of plastic which helps to make this a very durable, long lasting design
- Can be used by left handed and right handed golfers
- You can still swing the club while using this device
- Forces you to have the correct posture and position at the top of your backswing
- Promotes correct face alignment with the ball at the impact point
- This device is easy to put on and easy to take off of your golf club
- Lightweight design doesn’t interfere with your swinging power
- Not very comfortable, you wouldn’t want to wear this device long-term
- Doesn’t do the best job at helping out an amateur or professional golfer
- Not meant for use by people who have injuries that prevent them from doing a proper golf swing
If you are a new golfer and want an ultra-cheap swing training device then this is definitely something you should consider buying. You will have an extremely hard time finding another product that promotes a proper swing for both right-handed and left-handed golfers at such a low cost to the buyer. The product is also made of plastic so it should be good to use for a fair length of time before running into any issues with the product. The nicest thing about this product is that it really isn’t much of a risk on your end if you don’t like the result it is giving you; thanks to the extremely low cost.
Powerchute Swing for Life Golf Swing Trainer Review
This swing trainer is much different from the last one we had a look at.Instead, this swing trainer actually attaches onto your regular golf club and makes it more difficult to swing the club.The trainer is basically a small parachute that increases the resistance of your swing and can really help to improve your swinging technique by slowing things down a bit.This type of swing trainer is often said to have a more natural feel to it because you are actually swinging your own golf club. If you are currently using alignment sticks, using the Powerchute Swing will dramatically help you improve your swing plane. Alignment sticks make really good swing analyzer tools as they help you see where you are in your downswing through your swing path. With the Powerchute Swing, you will take slower shots that you can actually see and feel using your own golf club. No other training aid can assist you better in swing analysis than these.Check Price on Amazon
- Increases the speed of your swing over time resulting in an increase in overall distance
- Helps you to perform a full follow through on your swing because the drag will go away on your follow through
- Helps you to approach the ball at the correct angle and gives you more time to adjust and get your golf movements down pat
- You can equip this device to any of your clubs allowing for less boredom and a different feel with each club
- Easy to set up and take off
- Available for an affordable price tag
- Some golfer’s think it looks weird to have a parachute device on your club
- Definitely takes a bit of getting used to and can wrap around your club during use
- This device can make your swing seem unnatural
- Wind can make this device fairly difficult to use in some circumstances
If you want something that you can slip into one of the pockets of your golf bag, rather than take up precious club space this may be the swing trainer for you. This trainer really helps to slow down your swing and get you to think about each part of your swing so that you can make sure you are getting the proper movements down pat. It offers a natural feel in the gripping area due to the fact you literally swing your own clubs for practice. If you want a unique swing trainer that could especially help to improve your driving distance then this swing trainer may be the one for you.
Izzo Smooth Swing Trainer Review
The last common type of swing trainer on the market is quite unique compared to the other two that we touched base on.This swing trainer is not a device that you swing, in fact, it is a device that you wear on your arms. It can be rather weird to wear this device initially but it helps to promote a uniform movement within your arms and can really help to get rid of things like slice and improper arm placement during your swing.Basically, this device is two arm holes that are attached by a central piece of fabric and you simply slide this device onto your arms in order to use it.Check Price on Amazon
- Probably the largest pro to this device is that due to its simple design it is extremely cheap to buy
- Keeps your arms close together and forces you to follow through properly as well as wind up for your swing properly
- Universal fit thanks to stretchable bands, can be used by right handed and left handed golfers without issues
- Fairly comfortable material, this swing trainer allows you to practice with your own golf clubs for a more natural feel
- Keeps your elbows tucked in and close to your body for a more uniform swing to improve accuracy as well as distance
- Can be used time after time and will not cause strain on your muscles unlike weighted swing trainers
- Can feel awkward to put on and can be quite difficult to take off
- Kind of looks weird to wear and definitely takes a bit of getting used to
- Not available in a variety of colors and sizes meaning that this product doesn’t work for everyone
For such a cheap price it is going to be almost impossible to find something that will help out your swing. You can use this trainer no matter what club you are using and it is stretchy and capable of being used for both right and left-handed golfers. Although it is going to take you a bit to get it off and on, you will notice that after continued use your golf swing will start to improve.
Good Impact Trainers
This device is quite close to a swing trainer but it doesn’t do much in the way of working on your follow through. In fact, this device is meant to slow your swing right down as soon as you hit the “sweet spot.” The bag has a mark on it that you are supposed to aim to hit and it helps you to have the proper club position when you hit the middle of the bag. So, if you’re on the market for the best golf impact training aids, this is a highly recommended product for someone who wants to try out a new grip technique or someone who has a bad slice in their swinging technique. Here is our top pick for an impact trainer:
Sklz Smash Bag Impact Trainer Review
This bag is made out of a PVC, nylon surface so that it won’t cause any damage to your club on impact.The bag itself has a very visible target that is the perfect shape for iron to fit inside so that you can clearly see where you are going wrong with your swing and make the proper adjustments.The material fills with old clothes or towels and is perfectly safe to use for all different age groups as it is really easy on the hands and back thanks to its soft texture.Check Price on Amazon
- This bag is available for a very low price tag
- This bag is easy to carry around and take with you to your golf course if you desire
- Can be filled with any kind of soft materials that you have lying around the house
- Helps to cure slices and really works on your backswing
- The PVC, Nylon material that this bag is made up of will help it to last for a long period of time
- You have to fill this bag up with your own materials
- If you swing too hard you can knock the bag flying and it won’t do its purpose
- You generally won’t want to be constantly refilling the bag which means you will have to search for things that you don’t mind getting rid of
So long as you can resist the urge to smash this bag into oblivion, this is a very good practice tool that can really help you to develop a proper swinging technique and get rid of your slice. If you are having issues with things like your back or your shoulder you can also use this bag to help loosen up and give yourself a bit of a stretch out before actually going to hit your ball. Perfect for carrying around with you and available for such a low price tag, it can be hard to pass up this practice tool for someone who struggles with a slice or an improper wind-up technique.
ImpactSnap Golf Swing Training Aid Review
Although this may not quite be an “impact trainer” you can certainly use this product to perfect your impact and start hitting the ball in the “sweet spot” on a consistent basis.This product has a very simple design that contains a weight and allows you to hit the ball as many times as you like without having to worry about the ball flying away.The ball is attached to a rope and when you hit the ball it cannot travel farther than the rope lets it. The nice thing about this design is that you get to practice your swing on an actual ball and you can still tee it up in the air so that you can practice from different heights and with a variety of different clubs.Check Price on Amazon
- This device is not too bad of a price for something that can really help to improve your swing and techniques
- Available for both right-handed golfers as well as left-handed
- Very durable design allows you to hit the ball for as long as you want
- Can be set up in any location and is easy to transport from place to place
- Great to train the wrists where they should be at the impact point, offers very good feedback
- Have to make sure that you don’t hit the weight with your club or you could break your club or even hurt yourself
- Could get boring because you can’t hit the ball very far
- Hard to tell if you are hitting the ball straight so you can’t really see things like slice, duffs, and curves
- The rope could rot if it is left outside in bad weather conditions
- Maybe a little bit difficult to balance on top of a tee
This is a very effective, simple design that is a great training tool for beginner and experienced golfers alike. It is important to make sure that you buy the correct hand so that you don’t have to worry as much about hitting the weight with your club. The design will truly give you great feedback on how your ball impacts against the club and it is relatively easy over a period of time to be able to tell if you are hitting the ball in the correct spot. If you are willing to spend some money on the potential improvement of your game, this could definitely be a great device for you.
Good Golf Gloves
Golf gloves are some of the most used pieces of golf equipment in the marketplace. A good quality golf glove offers your wrist and hands much more support than using no glove. A golf glove can do wonders to keep your hand from slipping on your grips and turning over in the middle of your swing. A good quality golf glove will have things like mesh or air pockets to help keep your hands cool during long games of golf. You will find that a golf glove offers much more grip on your club than a bare hand will which can result in less slice, fewer duffs and more straight hits in general. You generally wear your golf glove on your wrong hand. There are so many gloves on the market from all sorts of brand names and it can be quite hard to narrow down your options. Among the most popular are the SKLZ Smart Glove, Nike Dura Feel, MG Golf DynaGrip All-Cabretta Leather, Callaway Dawn Patrol, and more. To help narrow down your search, we put our picks for the top ladies and men’s golf gloves to give you an idea of what you should look for when it comes to quality.
Nike Dura Feel VIII All Weather Golf Gloves Review
This is a very popular golf glove made from one of the biggest names in golf.The golf glove was part of Nike’s line up and offers a ton of great features that you will want to look for in any golf club.The glove offers very nice comfortability, support and has a multitude of sizes as well as a couple of different color options to suit your personal tastes.Check Price on Amazon
- This golf glove is available in black or white depending on your color preference
- The glove comes in a huge variety of sizes including small, medium, medium-large, large, x-large, and xx-large so it is capable of fitting almost any golfer
- Holes all over the finger portion of the glove help to relieve moisture and keep you comfortable during periods of extended wear.
- Perforated leather on the back of the glove in the area where you will bend the most offers durability, moisture relief, and better movement ability
- Angled and fully adjustable strap allows you to put the glove on securely according to your wrist size
- Leather area on the palm as well as the thumb of the glove make for increased grip strength and durability in the areas that rub the most against your club
- Can be hard to determine what size of glove you need
- Some golfers may have their own favorite brands
So long as you buy the proper glove size, this is an amazing golf glove that will do the job of supporting your hand and give you increased grip strength. With leather in the areas that take on the most wear and tear, this is a very durable, stylish golf glove that is bound to last you for a long period of time. Not only do you have a quality, renowned brand but you also have a comfortable glove with a lot of breathability and size and adjustment options. This glove really does incorporate many of the features you should look for in any glove, and it is available for quite a reasonable price tag especially considering the difference that it could potentially make to your golf game.
Nike Golf Women’s Tech Gloves Review
This golf glove offers a very unique, stylish design that covers almost every aspect of a good quality glove.
Nike is one of the largest names in golf and many PGA golfers use Nike products when they are on tour.
This glove incorporates leather and spandex for flexibility in the areas that you need it.The glove is available in a large size and is a very lightweight glove that will surely improve your grip strength and help you to make fewer mistakes while you are out on the course.Check Price on Amazon
- Very stylish red and white design appeals to a broad audience
- Lightweight design thanks to spandex and holes throughout the glove that offer moisture relief and therefore more comfort over long term wear
- Spandex in between your fingers allows you to properly wrap your hand around the glove in the position that you choose without movement issues
- Angled adjustment strap is both easy to use and blends into the overall design
- Leather in the areas that get the most friction (palm and thumb) helps to make this glove more durable over long-term use
- Only available in a large size and for right-handed golfers
- Some people may not like the color combination
As long as you fit into a large size glove and are a right-handed golfer, this could very well be a perfect glove for you. The glove is very comfortable thanks to its lightweight design and many breathing holes. The leather woven into the design will give you lasting durability and it also improved eye appeal. This glove definitely looks fancy in its fruit punch design and it is available for a really reasonable price tag especially considering the large number of features that it contains.
Good Golf Towels
One thing a lot of golfers have issues with is sweaty hands. An 18 hole game of golf on a sunny day can really make your palms damp and it is important to make sure that you have some sort of a plan so that your hands don’t lose grip on your clubs and you end up either throwing the club, or ruining your shot by missing the “sweet spot” on the ball. It is always a good idea to carry some sort of a towel around with you or to use a golf glove so that you don’t have to worry as much about this issue. One other thing to keep in mind about the grip is that over an extended period of time, a golf club can cause you to have blisters on your hands and you can end up being in a lot of pain and literally unable to play unless you deal with this problem early on. Sweat can also cause your golf grips to wear out over a long period of time and getting your clubs re-gripped can be a very costly expense.
Clothlete Center Cut Microfiber Golf Towel Review
This is a high-quality golf towel that is made out of microfiber. Microfiber is always a good material to look for because it doesn’t leave behind lint which can be rather annoying to clean up.This design, in particular, has a hole in the middle so that you can easily attach this cloth onto things in order to keep it in an easy to reach location so that you can keep your hands dry and your clubs clean as much as you need to.Check Price on Amazon
- This cloth, in particular, is available in a total of ten different colors so that you can suit your own personality
- The cloth is cut at a length that is 16 inches by 40 inches which means you have plenty of room to do what you want with the cloth
- The hole in the center of the cloth allows you to attach the cloth to your bag or drape it over top of your clubs so that it doesn’t fall off
- Microfiber will not leave behind lint on your hands or your clubs and is a very effective cleaner
- The manufacturer offers a guarantee on this towel that if you aren’t satisfied then they will replace the towel or give you a full refund on the product
- With the towel being so thin and a microfiber design, it is super lightweight and you won’t have to even think about the extra weight that it is adding to your bag
- The microfiber cloth makes this towel much more expensive than a regular towel
- You only get one towel for the price, buying cheaper quality towels you often get a ton of towels in one purchase
- Center cut hole can cause this towel to get caught on things
- You may have to wash the towel every once and a while to keep your clubs and hands clean
So long as you are willing to spend a bit of money on a nice cloth, a microfiber cloth is definitely something that you should look for. It is handy to have some sort of an attachment feature on the cloth because they are quite small and easy to lose. Microfiber will certainly allow your clubs to stay clean and keep your hands dry so that you don’t lose your grip and can perform as you should be able to perform. If you can deal with the potential issue that having a hole in the middle of the towel can cause, this is a very nice microfiber towel that is available for a pretty reasonable price range considering the many color options and size of the towel.
Good Putter Return Machines
This machine is something you can use in order to improve your putting. Basically, it is a mini green that you can buy and it is just like a regular putting hole, other than the fact that it will spit the ball back at you after you sink the ball so that you may putt again. This is a great machine for someone who struggles at putting and it gives you a chance to do some golfing indoors as well. The nice thing about a putter return is that they generally come with a fairly long strip of green attached to them so that you can practice putting from a variety of distances. You will find that putter return device come in both indoor as well as outdoor models, below we will break down some of the best ones on the market.
SKLZ Accelerator Pro Putting Green Review
This putting green is available for an extremely affordable price tag considering all of the features that it has; this is also why it is hugely popular.The putting green is quite long in size and has its own built-in ball return mechanism so that you can continuously putt and try and improve your game.This is not the simplest putting green on the market either as it has a fairly steep incline on the end of it so that you really have to think about distance and power otherwise you might overshoot or undershoot the hole.Check Price on Amazon
- This putting green is quite a large being as it is nine feet long and 16.25 inches wide
- The ball return saves your back from constantly having to bend over to pick up your ball so long as you are a good putter
- This putting green has built-in lines at several locations (3, 5 and 7 feet) in the fabric in order to help you with alignment and distance issues
- High-quality green mat feels much like a regular green so that you will actually be better prepared when you get to a real course
- The green is highly portable and can be rolled up and moved quite easily
- The manufacturer includes a one year warranty with the putting green to give you some peace of mind with your purchase
- If you have really small rooms you may have an issue fitting a green that is nine feet in length
- Meant for indoor use, should not be used outdoors
- Lines take away some of the alignment challenges of putting, you have to remember that there won’t be any of these on a real course
As long as you have the room to fit this putting green in your house, it really has a lot to offer especially at such a low price tag. This putting green is great for improving your putting at a large variety of distances and has markers on it so that you can make sure that your putter is straight and your body is lined up and square to the hole. If you want to try out a new putter or get prepared for a tournament having a ball return allows you to shoot the ball constantly which can really help to improve your putting technique as well as your golf confidence.
Signstek Indoor Outdoor Golf Mat Review
This putting green is a little bit more expensive than the indoor version. However, if you like to be outside in the sun it could very well be worth spending the extra money in order to have that option available to you.The design is very simple offering a gravity ball return design.You will notice that the green on this golf mat provides a very life-like surface and it will feel much like a smooth green on an actual course. This feature helps make your practicing much like an actual golf green and your practicing results will shift towards your course results over time.Check Price on Amazon
- This golf green can be used for both indoor as well as outdoor use and it is weather resistant
- This golf green has a built-in ball holder so that you don’t always have to run around looking for golf balls to practice with
- A white line built onto the green allows you to line up with one of the two holes available to practice your aim and see where you are going wrong
- One of the holes has no line going to it, meaning you can practice without a guide once you are confident enough
- The ball gravity return is adjustable depending on the distance that you want the ball to roll
- Holes are positioned on a hill training you to hit very close to the hole should you miss your putt
- A fairly reasonable price tag for an outdoor green
- The green can be rolled up so that you can move the putting green around as you wish
- Slot to hold your golf club, in case you need a break from all of your practicing
- Very long putting green at 118 inches long
- Some users may want a wider green than 12 inches in width
- Gravity ball return system is not as fast as a battery powered or electric system
If you don’t mind the size of this putting green it is a very good deal overall. You will definitely notice that you will take full use of the white alignment line until you get more accurate with your putting and can move to the more challenging hole. The gravity ball return system works well and you won’t have to replace batteries on the unit or plug it in. It can be easily transported around thanks to its roll-able putting green and offers a couple of nice features like a ball holder and a golf club holder for your own convenience.
Good Practice Golf Balls
Besides simply hitting balls into a net, if you want to shoot balls on your lawn and be able to see the movement of the ball so that you can tell things like slice and curve, you can buy practice balls that will allow you to hit the ball directly off of the tee and they won’t go near the distance of a regular ball so that you don’t have to go running for it to keep practicing
IZZO Golf Flatball Swing Training Aid Review
This is a very interesting version of a golf ball and isn’t even round like you might expect it to be. These balls are basically round disks and allow you to practice without having to run around.Due to their weird shape, it is very easy to get feedback from these golf balls and therefore it is quite easy to tell if you have any kind of slice or curve going on in your swing.One nice thing about these balls is that since they aren’t round, they pretty much only will fly as far as you can hit them and they will stay put rather than roll around like a regular round golf practice ball.Check Price on Amazon
- Helps to show you which side you are slicing the ball on and makes it easier to straighten out your swing and hit the ball straight
- Soft material allows you to hit the ball indoors if you have the room for it
- Will not roll around like a regular ball which saves a lot of running around
- Six balls in one package and available for a very good price tag
- Still easy to set up on a tee so that you can practice with a variety of golf clubs
- Doesn’t feel like you are hitting a regular golf ball
- Can be harder to spot than a regular golf ball if it ends up sideways in the grass
- Doesn’t give you a satisfactory feeling of smacking a ball because it is very soft and small in size
- Pretty hard to hit straight out of the grass without the use of a tee
If you just want to practice your swinging technique, don’t care too much about hitting something that feels like a real ball and wants something for a good price, then this could be a great product for you. This definitely could be a great indoor or outdoor playing tool for anyone interested in doing some practice swinging. Swinging on a consistent basis can really help to get rid of your bad habits and realize the perfect impact points on each of your clubs. This swing training aid is good for all ages and although it may have a weird appearance it is most definitely effective.
ProActive 48 Multi-Color, Foam, Golf Balls Review
This is a very nice practice package that even includes a wire metal bucket to hold all of your balls inside. With a total of 48 different balls and a multitude of colors, you can have enough balls for multiple people to practice their golf game and have each of them take the colored balls that they like the best.This product is available for a very good price tag especially considering how many balls you get with your purchase. The foam balls themselves are quite durable and you can use them in a variety of weather conditions without issues.You may notice that the foam ball is fairly susceptible to really bad wind which is something you will want to keep in mind if you are trying to fix a bad slice or a curve.Check Price on Amazon
- Great if you want to try new swinging techniques or you just want to hit a lot of balls
- A multitude of colors (excluding green) makes these balls easy to spot and gather up after you hit them all
- The foam balls will travel far enough for you to judge a bad shot from a good shot
- The balls are actually even capable of floating on water if you want to try your hand at shooting over a water obstacle
- Bucket allows for easy transportation and easy pick up of the balls after hitting them all
- Although foam balls give you good feedback they don’t feel like you hit something that is of a significant weight
- The bucket is just made of wire and is definitely not the highest quality
- Due to the fact that there are so many balls, it can take a long time to gather all them up after you are done shooting them
- Susceptible to wind and it is easy to lose a few balls here and there due to the large quantity
A foam golf ball offers another very good version of a practice ball and has its own perks compared to some of the other practice balls available. A foam ball is not going to go all that far when you hit it, but it does go farther than most other practice balls which help to show you things like the slice in your swing as well as if you were hitting towards the target that you were originally aiming at. Although you may have to walk a bit farther to get your golf balls, at least you can easily find them in the grass and tee them back up to hit them again. Foam balls can also easily be hit directly from the grass without using a tee if you prefer. Foam balls are also relatively difficult to break so you should be able to practice your golf game for a long period of time before running into issues.
Crown Sporting Goods 24 Polyurethane White Plastic Golf Balls Review
This is a quality set of whiffle balls that should meet all of your practicing needs.With a total of two dozen balls in the package, you will surely get a lot of hits in before you have to go and gather all of the balls up.These balls are white in color which makes them easy to spot on your grass and even if you manage to break or lose a few of the balls in the package you will still have lots leftover to use anyways.Check Price on Amazon
- The balls are made out of a durable good quality polyurethane material
- The balls have holes on them in a symmetrical shape which helps the balls to spin according to how you hit them
- The balls travel far enough that you can judge your slice and yet still not have to walk a really far distance to gather up the balls
- Having 24 balls in one package allows you to lose or break balls and still have lots to practice with
- You will have to walk for a long distance to pick up these balls than some other types
- Prone to breaking because they are made out of a plastic material
- Plastic is bad for the environment
A whiffle ball is one of the most commonly used types of balls for practicing your golf game. The great thing about whiffle balls is that they offer the nice “ping” noise when you make a nice hit in the “sweet spot” of the ball. A whiffle ball is generally made of plastic and has holes in it throughout the ball so that it doesn’t travel very far upon impact and so that it has better impact absorption overall. A whiffle ball still travels a decent distance when it gets hit by a club and you can start to see a slice in your hit before the ball hits the ground.
Good Golf Speed Radar Sensors
This is another great tool that can help you to determine your average swing speed and keep you consistent. This is a great tool to use especially if you are hitting into a practice net because once you are out on the course you will be able to hit your lighter shots at a more consistent level of power in order to be more accurate with your distances.
Sports Sensors Swing Speed Radar Review
This radar is one of the most popular radar’s on the market for numerous reasons.First of all, you can use this radar to measure very fast speeds and it can be used to measure baseball swings as well as golf swings without issue.This radar is very small in size and it isn’t an outrageous price as far as radars are concerned, so if you are searching for a swing speed training aid this one is a great option.Check Price on Amazon
- Has a fairly reasonable price tag that offers some pretty nice features
- The radar is capable of measuring speeds from 20-200 miles per hour meaning that you will always know how fast your swing is
- Extremely small design makes it highly portable and highly reduces the chance of damaging the unit from a swing that sends the ball in the wrong direction
- Powered by only three AAA batteries this radar is extremely easy to use and offers a very easy to understand reading
- Comes with a stand so that you can look and see instantly how fast your swing was
- A carrying bag makes it so you don’t end up losing the radar due to its small size, it also protects it from damage
- Some people may want something a little larger so that they don’t lose it
- Not available in color options
- If you have bad eyesight the small screen could be difficult to read
- The stand is easy to break due to its small size
As long as the small size of this radar doesn’t bother you too much this is a really good deal at this price. You will be able to set this radar up on the ground and it is more than capable of giving you accurate readings time after time. Although you probably don’t want to hit this device with a ball; it does offer a pretty durable design and you shouldn’t run into issues taking it around with you. No matter how good of a golfer you are you can definitely benefit from knowing the average speed at which you swing and it can really help you to maintain the proper weight for lighter shots.
What Is the Best Golf Training Aid for Youth Golfers
Different people have different needs, depending on their age, level of experience, and preferences. When it comes to young golfers who are just getting started, there are specific training aids that will best suit their level of proficiency but the most important factor to consider would be their specific problem areas.
Maintaining proper balance is crucial in making a good swing, and while we have not included a balance training aid in the golf training aids reviewed here, it is recommended that young golfers get themselves one of these.
Excellent golf balance training aids provide accurate feedback in regards to the golfer’s stance and balance, which is extremely helpful in teaching young golfers the proper posture when playing.
Another helpful tool young golfers can use to further hone their skills is a video analysis tool. There are apps they can install on their smartphones that would analyze video footage of them doing their swing so they can see exactly what they did right, what they did wrong, and where they can improve.
Final Review of Best Golf Training Aids
If you have stuck all the way to the end of this article you are already well on your way to becoming a better golfer. Even taking on some of these techniques and products to attempt to improve your golf game is bound to help you out as long as you are putting in the practice time that is needed.It is definitely hard to improve your golf game overnight, and you don’t always need to buy fancy tools in order to become a better golfer. Make sure you are always paying good attention to where you are hitting the ball so that you can catch yourself early if you start to develop something such as a slice.The earlier you realize your own faults in your golf game, the better. If you catch something early enough you may even be able to reverse the problem before it results in a bad habit. Given the right training aids and a consistent practice schedule, you will see significant improvements. Best of luck with your golfing and hope that you learned some things about some practice aids, tools, and techniques that you can use to become a better, more knowledgeable golfer.