Golf is a game that can be enjoyed by any age and any level of experience. And whether you just picked out your first set of clubs or you’ve been playing for decades, having a practice net at home is one of the best ways to help you improve your golf game. A practice net is simply a net and frame of varying size that you can set up practically anywhere and hit golf balls into. To use it, you’ll just need your golf mat and golf clubs and you’re ready to do those practice drills.
They’re great to practice your swing and reduce your score when you can’t make it out to the driving range due to time constraints, weather, or money. The fact is that a good golf practice net from home is a great way to practice in your backyard without worrying about anyone else watching you or critiquing your swing.
Our Golf Practice Net Reviews
Have you looked over our top picks in the chart above and still can’t decide which one is the best for you? We’ve selected our favorites of the 10 nets listed above and share what we like and don’t like about them in the mini-reviews listed below. Keep reading and see if these reviews can help you to make a decision.
Rukket Haack Golf Net Review
- PRACTICE FROM HOME: Lightweight, portable, and easy to set up. No more costly trips to the driving range.
- SAFE AND DURABLE: Robust 4-ply knotless netting tailored for real golf balls. Comes with solid frame that can withstand...
- SWING WITH CONFIDENCE: Net covers a 10x7x3ft range, capturing errant swings. Includes signature ball return feature.
If you are serious about Golf, you need to be serious about practice year round. With the Rukket Haack Golf Net, you can do just that. Endorsed by legendary golf coach Chris Haack, this net is 10-feet wide and seven feet tall. You can swing your golf club as much as you want and even with very bad shots, the ball will be caught by this net.
What we liked about this one:
- The size, 10×7 feet, and 3-feet deep allow you to practice a lot of swings.
- Made of tough netting material, and seems durable.
- The ball rolls back to your feet for very easy retrieval.
- Easy to set up, once you figure out how.
- Lightweight. Can be moved by one person, but because of size, it is a bit awkward to handle.
- Detachable side nets.
Overall, this is a great way to practice your golf swing. It is a high-quality net, that should last for years if not abused. It can also be taken anywhere. You can use it outside too if you wish. The budget is solid mid-range, not too high or low.
What we don’t like about it:
- Hard to set up the first time. Instructions are not real clear
- Pieces are not labeled, which would help with the above complaint.
- The company should make clear side nets are not included.
This is a solid piece of equipment, and the putting-it-together issue is resolved once you figure it out, which isn’t all that hard. One thing to be aware of is that the side nets do not come with the net. You have to buy them separately, and even though this company has a great reputation for customer service, this is not made clear in the promotional material. That may not be the company’s fault.
Callaway Home Range Practice System Review
- Hitting Area: 8' W x 7' H x 3' D
- Extra sturdy, durable stainless steel pole base with reinforced fiberglass frame
- Premium, high-density netting rated up to 190 mph ball speed
Get in a little more practice time with the complete Home Range Practice System by Calloway. Offering durability and stability, this set can be used for even the most intense practice in your home or backyard. Featuring a large 7’ Zenith hitting net and the ability to dispense 35 golf balls, this at-home practice set can be used by new and seasoned players alike. The rubber base and rubber tee holder on the Launch Zone hitting mat makes any practice more realistic.
What We Like About This One:
- Premium netting
- Reinforced framing
- True-to-life launch zone offers a more realistic practice
- The ability to hold 35 balls (dispenses one ball at a time with the tap of a club)
- The crown top catches short irons
What We Don’t Like About This One:
- The net can take some time setting up (about 20 minutes), so if you must continually take the system down after each use, it could become a bit of a hassle.
- Takes two people to set up unless you are an experienced camper and is used to set up similar items.
- The caddy tends to get stuck after releasing 5-10 balls
While the Callaway Home Range Practice System may be a bit difficult to set up and tear down, for those who can set it up permanently in a basement, garage or other covered areas, the system works well. Offering a sturdy design and a realistic practice condition, we found this practice set to be a good value for those looking for a way to practice at home.
Rukket Pop Up Golf Chipping Net Review
- BECOME A SHORT GAME GURU: Sharpen your skills with the ultimate folding golf chipping net! This bundle includes (1)...
- USER-FRIENDLY: Easy pop-up design with simple storage instruction for ideal indoor or outdoors use.
- PUTT LESS, CHIP IN MORE: Features three targets to improve your accuracy for the ultimate challenge.
Here is a golfing aid that is fun and will probably improve your game in a measurable way. The Rukket Pop Up Golf Chipping Net is a way to practice your accuracy and hone your skills, and it is portable enough to be used anywhere. You can even use it in the office on those slow days that come along. It is lightweight and not that big, so easy to move around. Several people say this target has helped them lower their golf scores in a significant way.
Things we liked about this one:
- It is easy to move around, set up or break down.
- Easy to use indoors or outdoors.
- Three targets, to fine tune accuracy.
- Nylon carrying bag included, makes this lightweight target even easier to carry.
- Relatively small size at 20 inches, by 25 inches, and 20 inches deep. Makes a nice
- triangular shape. Weighs just over one pound.
- Sturdy product, well built. It is likely to last many years.
Overall, this is a great idea. It is small and relatively inexpensive and is a great way to improve the accuracy of your shots. it is also fun to use, and that makes practicing more appealing. It’s great for all ages and all skill levels. The few negatives seem like minor inconveniences, and the positives are really strong. Low budget is also a plus. You could make your own target, but this one looks good and works well.
What we don’t like about it:
- Instructions seem lacking, but maybe we should be able to figure it out, and most people can, just a slight irritation.
- It is very lightweight, which is good but can be moved around by the wind. You have to fasten it down outdoors, which is easy, but some small weights would help matters a lot.
Rukket Portable Driving Range 3-in-1 Golf Set Review
- PORTABLE DRIVING RANGE BUNDLE! RukkNet ($199.99), Chip It! ($30), and Mat Attack Tri-Turf Portable Hitting Mat ($59.99)....
- EFFORTLESS: Improved folding with the EASY FOLD instructions and handle directly on the net! Easiest folding of any pop...
- Best quality portable golf hitting net on the market: Durable material with a golf ball roll back feature!
Now you can take your golf game anywhere, with the Ruckket Portable Driving Range golf set. The net is the main piece, but it also comes with a chipping target and a hitting mat, so you can use all your clubs and practice any shot you like. Rukket has a reputation for quality golf nets, and this one seems to live up to that expectation.
Things we like about this one:
- Good size net at 10-feet wide, 7-feet high and five feet deep. The extra depth is great for practicing drives.
- Roll back feature brings the ball back to you for another swing.
- Folds and adjusts easily,
- Net is of rugged quality.
- Lightweight at 16 pounds, and folds to 32 inches.
Overall this seems to be a great help for any golfer who wants to be able to practice anywhere at any time. Good quality materials should last a long time. The budget is a bit high, but it seems to be of good quality, so probably worth it. It is easy to move around and take down or put up as needed.
What we don’t like about it:
- Instructions are not real clear, but once you figure it out, it’s easy. Maybe the company thinks it is intuitive enough.
- Some report folding it up and taking it down is harder than it should be. We don’t know why taking it down is harder than putting it up.
- The frame seems a bit fragile but understandable with the lightweight Works ok if not abused.
Overall this is a very nice product that will help anyone improve their golf game. Some minor issues with assembly and taking it back down, but those seem to be worth it when you consider the quality of the overall setup.
SKLZ Quickster Chipping Net Review
- Three different sized target holes for great accuracy practice
- Great addition to your home practice range
- Can be used with regular and practice golf balls
Practice your short game and improve your shots with this chipping net. The three different target holes allow you to hone your shot accuracy conveniently in your own backyard. The fiberglass and lightweight steel design allow for easy setup and break down. Portable for easy use and includes a nylon carrying bag.
What We Like About This One:
- Creates a fun practice experience anywhere.
- Three different targets allow you to maximize your practice time and improve your shot accuracy.
- Ball catcher conveniently traps balls.
- Carry bag and lightweight construction makes net very portable.
- Net can be used with regular or practice balls.
- A net face is sized at 2.25” x 2.25”
- Can be used indoors and outdoors
What We Don’t Like About This One:
- Can move slightly in windy situations.
- The fabric on the support poles can become twisted.
For chipping practice in the comfort of your own backyard, this chipping net is a perfect choice. The convenient setup, portability, and lightweight design make it the perfect training tool for any golfing enthusiast. The three different targets allow you to strengthen your shot accuracy. The ball catcher traps balls so that you can quickly set up for the next shot. Also, the targets are sized to be challenging but not so difficult that it is impossible. This is an affordable training aid that is sure to improve your game.
Benefits Of Using Golf Practice Nets
You may be wondering why you need to shop for high-quality golf practice nets. Maybe you think your game is going pretty good. Or maybe you are only a casual player and don’t think you need to spend time getting better. Well, there are some great benefits to purchasing a golf practice net for players of all ages and skill levels, including:
Have you ever wanted to go golfing, but have too much work to break away? Do you get tired of sharing the green with dozens of other people? Do you hate waiting for balls, for tee space, or anything else out at the golf course? With a practice net, you can play golf anytime and anywhere, without worrying about any of those issues. There’s always time for a few holes when you have a practice net. Golf practice nets for the home are the best answer to practicing your swing at the most convenient time for you. Another convenient feature many practice nets have is an automatic ball return. These nets are sloped in such a way that a ball hit into them will simply roll back to you. No more chasing after loose golf balls! So when you go shopping for a hitting net, make sure it has a ball return feature so you don’t keep chasing after a golf ball.
Unless you live in an area that has nice, mild weather all year, there are probably going to be months when the weather is too unpleasant to go out to the golf course. With a practice net, the weather isn’t a problem. You can set it up in your garage, basement, or other indoor space and practice away! The best part is you’ll be improving your game and lowering your score, as opposed to not being able to during those cold winter months.
Let’s face it; golf isn’t the cheapest sport to play. After paying for high-quality gear, you still have to pay to go out to the golf course, for green fees, and for that bucket of balls, you’re practicing with. Once that bucket is empty, you have to either pack it in until your next trip or shell out more money for more balls. While you are paying upfront for a practice net, it will more than pay for itself once you start using it on a regular basis.
Buying Guide: What To Look For In The Best Golf Practice Net For Home
After reading those benefits, are you ready to go out and purchase your own practice net? Before you do, here are a few things to keep in mind:
Before you go out and look at golf nets, you’ll want to look around your house to see where you would like to put it. Ideally, it will be in a space where not only will it fit comfortably, but you will have sufficient room to swing a golf club without risking damaging anything that might be nearby. The most often used spaces are the garage, basement, and backyard, but any space with sufficient size will do. Once you have chosen the spot for your net, you’ll want to measure the length, width, and depth of the space so you can purchase a practice net that will best fit that space.
The strength of the netting on a practice net is really important, as is how tightly the netting is stretched. Cheaper netting may not hold very well when using a driver or other higher-powered golf club, and a well-hit ball could tear right through the net and risk damaging something on the other side. You’ll run into a similar problem if you use a net that is stretched too tightly; it won’t be able to move in order to absorb the impact of being hit by a ball, and will most likely rip when struck. You really do get what you pay for; a cheaper net might initially save you money, but it won’t be saving you much when you’re replacing broken windows or repairing other damage done by a speeding ball! Ideally, you’ll want to find a practice net that has multiple layers of netting, to ensure that the ball will be stopped if one layer were to fail.
When choosing between brands, it is important to check what satisfied customers have to say about a certain product. One golf hitting net may perform well indoors but will easily get worn when exposed to sunlight or extreme temperatures outdoors. Even the best indoor golf practice net, therefore, does not guarantee the same level of performance outdoors. To be on the safe side, getting a high-quality outdoor golf practice net is the better option. You can easily set it up indoors in the winter or rainy season, and take it outside in summer if you like to practice your swing with some friends. The best golf practice net suitable for outdoor use is usually made of UV protective materials that can withstand constant exposure to sunlight. This attribute is particularly crucial when choosing the best golf hitting net for outdoor golf cages.
Ease of Setup
What good is buying a practice net if it’s too complicated to set up and use? All it will do is sit in its box collecting dust while you wish you were either out on the range or hitting balls into a net that was easier to set up. This is really only important if you plan on taking down your practice net between uses; if that’s the case, then looking into a popup practice net might be your best bet. A pop-up hitting net allows you to instantly convert your yard or garage into a driving range in a matter of seconds so you can get started on practicing your swing right away. As an added bonus, pop-up practice nets are often more portable than their non-popup brethren, so you can take them just about anywhere, set them up, and keep practicing while you’re on the go.
Of course, let’s not forget other essential attributes to consider, such as a ball return feature that would automatically bring the ball back to where it started. This is especially helpful when a golfer is practicing swing with only one ball. Instead of going to fetch the golf ball after each hit, the practice net will automatically do that for you. You will find this attribute in the Net Return Pro model featured in the top ten list above. The Net Return Pro Series is one of the sturdiest you can have, but you might also want to check the pop-up practice net made by Spornia. With this equipment, you will no longer be going after golf balls again and again.
Top Golf Practice Net Brands
As you start your shopping, you will notice that there are lots of brands making these training aids. Of course, some brands are better than others when it comes to making some of the best high-quality practice nets for golfers. Right now, I think the best golf practice nets on the market are made by Rukket. Their models are high quality, easy to set up and perform as expected. Callaway also makes some great options for golfers like you and me. To give you an idea of how great Rukket models are, check out the video below.
On A Budget? Make Your Own DIY Golf Practice Net
I love the ease of use and versatility of the models listed on this page, but sometimes you just don’t have the money to spend on more golf gear, right? Well, if your budget is tight and you’re looking for a cheap golf practice net, then making your own at home might be the most budget-friendly way to do that. While I have not tried this out myself, I did manage to find an easy to follow tutorial that shows you how to tackle this little DIY project. Check out the video below for more info.
If you want to try this for yourself, click here to order some high-quality Gourock netting as referenced in the video.
Final Review of the Best Golf Practice Nets
Going over the best golf practice net reviews before making a purchase is the first step to getting the best piece of equipment. Try to look for a set that includes multiple items such as a golf practice net, mat, a special bag, and maybe a ball. But remember, the most important thing to keep in mind is your needs. How often you need to practice your golf swing, where you intend to set up your practice net, and how much you can afford to spend should be your primary considerations.
Last update on 2021-09-20 at 05:22 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API