Buyer’s Guide: Best Golf Push Carts
Even if you’ve got yourself a great golf bag, you still might not been too keen on the idea of lugging it around the course from hole to hole. That’s where good golf push or pull cart comes in handy. With one of these, you can easily give that bag a set of wheels so that you can easily move it down the course as you play.
Golf push carts are good for older golfers, or anyone really, who don’t want to get the shoulder pain from a carry bag. Sounds pretty good, right? Let us help you find a good cart to fit your bag before you play that next round.
- What To Consider Before Buying
- Best Golf Push Cart Reviews
- CaddyTek SuperLite Review
- Clicgear Model 3.5+ Golf Push Cart Review
- CaddyTek 3 Wheel EZ-Fold Golf Cart
- Clicgear Model 8 Golf Push Cart Review
- Tangkula Golf Push Pull Cart Review
- Final Thoughts
What To Consider Before Buying
If you are looking to get yourself a quality golf cart, the first thing that you are going to have to do is set yourself some kind of a budget. Once you set yourself some kind of a budget, the next thing that you are going to have to do is take into account how often you golf as well as how many clubs and what kind of accessories you need to store. There are so many options when it comes to golf carts that it can be quite hard to narrow down your options and decide which one is the best kind for you. If you want to get yourself a quality cart, we have come up with a buyer’s guide in order to inform you about the features that you should look for as well as the things that you should avoid.
Golf carts come in all different shapes and sizes. Most of the time the manufacturer will include a description of the product and have their measurements directly on the site that they are selling the golf bag on. It is a good idea to take a look and make sure that you can easily fit all of the golf clubs that you need. It is always a good idea to keep in mind the amount of dividers that a golf cart contains. Especially if you have a lot of golf clubs, having dividers can help to keep the grips of your clubs in better shape as they won’t be rubbing up against each other as often. Another important thing to consider about the size of the cart that you are purchasing is the storage area that you have for your cart and bag as well as the amount of room that you have in your vehicle in order to be able to transport the bag and cart from place to place. Remember that a cart will have different dimensions when it is folded compared to when it isn’t folded and to keep this in mind when you are doing your measurements.
Generally speaking, you will find that push carts are of a three-wheel design, although you will occasionally see four-wheel designs available. Not every wheel design will be the same, but generally, you can expect to find two wheels on the rear of the cart and one wheel (or sometimes two) on the front of the cart that allows you to be able to steer the cart. Most of the time you will find that the front wheel is behind the spot where your bag is located. Occasionally you will also see swivel designs on the front of a push cart as well. Swivel design allows you to be able to turn the cart on a sharper angle. One thing that you may want to pay attention to is the size of the wheels that are located on the golf cart. If you find that the golf cart has really small wheels or holes in the wheels this could be a good sign to stay away from the golf cart as grass and dirt will likely wrap around and get tangled in the wheels much easier and faster.
Many of the carts that you find will actually be able to fold up in order to allow you to store the golf bag easier. Especially if you have a small car in order to transport your clubs around, a folding golf cart could be a deal breaker for you. Generally speaking, you will find that the more expensive the cart is, the more sophisticated the folding design is. Some of the more expensive push carts can actually be folded at the touch of a button, while some of the cheaper carts on the market require a series of movements which can often result in a pinched finger or hand. Some carts are meant to be able to fold up smaller than other ones and expect to see carts available with features like removable wheels so that they are capable of taking up even less storage space.
Since golf is such a popular sport, one thing that you will notice when looking around for carts is that they are made up of all kinds of different materials. There are all kinds of manufacturers making carts nowadays as there is always a need for new golf equipment due to the high demand for the sport. Most of the cheaper carts on the market will use a lot of plastic and they will often use steel in their design largely because steel is very cheap metal. It is important to note that steel is not that weather resistant and steel tends to rust when it is exposed to the elements over a long period of time. The most expensive golf carts on the market will be made out of aluminum, allowing them to be lightweight in design and therefore very easy to drag around. Another thing that you will notice which can help to give you an idea as to the quality of the unit is the type of handle that is incorporated into the design. The more expensive the cart is, the larger the handle will likely be and the more features that it will contain. Many of the handles on the market will be directly apart of the console on the unit which is quite handy as it allows you to have fast access to some of your golfing supplies. You can expect to find that handles on the cheaper side of things on the market will be made up of things like foam as well as plastic. If you spend a little bit more money on a unit you will likely find a more durable rubber handle or at least a handle with an ergonomic grip making it more comfortable to pull around behind you for a longer period of time. It is always a good idea to also have a look at what sort of material the straps on the cart are made of as plastic straps or fabric based straps certainly won’t last you as long as something like metal or leather.
Adjustment and Ergonomics
In order to appeal to the most amount of people, the most popular golf carts on the market attempt to include as many perks for the consumer as possible. The more you spend on your golf cart, the more features you can expect to find. You will find things like handles that are fully capable of adjustment including things like the height of the handle as well as the angle of it in order to make it as comfortable as possible for the user. Most golf carts will incorporate something into their design which will allow you to be able to tighten the bag onto your cart in order to make sure it is secure. Again, the higher the budget you pay, the more sophisticated this design likely will be. The higher end carts will incorporate things like automatic retractable straps and other mechanisms to make things as easy as possible for the consumer.
One area where you are certainly going to notice a difference in the unit is the amount of storage that it contains as well as the purposes of the various storage locations on the unit. Things that you are likely to see during your search include water bottle holders, coolers, zippered and mesh pockets, storage buckets, tee holders and even storage for things like your golf balls and your personal electronic devices. Especially if you have a lot of golf equipment and accessories, buying yourself a cart that has a lot of storage options definitely has its benefits. You can often find cheap carts that do contain a lot of storage options, but it is important to check out the quality of the storage that is on the unit as something like a plastic bucket hanging off of the side of the cart is probably not going to last for a very long time before breaking.
One thing to consider when you are looking around at push golf carts is who you are buying the golf cart from. Buying from a well-known, big-name golf manufacturer can have its benefits. First of all, it is likely that they have had multiple models and have gotten rid of a lot of the imperfections found on the earlier models of the carts. Another thing to look for is something that the cart is appealing to your personal tastes, many of the big name manufacturers will come out with carts that are available in a multitude of color options that you can choose from which is something that you should keep in mind. You should remember, however, that big name manufacturers generally are more expensive than lesser known brands and you will definitely be paying a bit of a premium for the brand name. Don’t take this as a reason to avoid brands you haven’t heard of as some brands definitely make some very nice products. It is just important to make sure that you research who you are buying from so that you can buy with confidence. Knowing that you are actually getting the quality you are looking for is extremely important and it is also nice to know that the manufacturer has your back should a problem arise as well.
Beyond the regular things like water bottle holders, a cooler, tee holders and golf ball holders, companies these days add a lot of cool features into golf carts in order to make their products more competitive. You are going to find golf carts with some pretty fancy features such as things like a parking brake. A parking brake on a golf cart may not seem like it would be that useful, but it will allow you to be able to place your golf cart on a slope without having to worry about the golf cart rolling all the way down it. Some carts contain some pretty awesome comfort features like a stool that attaches to the cart which will allow you to sit down anywhere on the course as you need. Features like this help to allow people with disabilities, as well as old age golfers, be able to golf even though they may not have been able to in the past. As technology increases you will see more and more golf features incorporated into carts and who knows the cool things that you might find a few years down the road.
Best Golf Push Cart Reviews
To help make your decision a bit easier, take a moment to read through our reviews of some of the top golf push carts on the market. Below we share the models we recommend and what we like about each of them.
CaddyTek SuperLite Review
- Mesh net on the handle and basket net for miscellaneous are included
- Umbrella holder, mesh net and beverage holder included
- Front wheel alignment mechanism build in
If you want to buy yourself a golf cart in a relatively low budget, but don’t want to sacrifice too many features then this cart may be a good option for you. This cart comes available in three different color options in order to suit the personal tastes of more potential buyers.
The cart has some very nice features that you won’t find on too many lower end models. You will find that this cart has things like an umbrella holder, a mesh net for storage a spot to store your drinks, as well as a foot brake that will keep your cart from rolling around on you if you leave it parked on a hill.
This unit contains decent sized wheels at 11 and 8 inches allowing you to easily be able to move the cart around no matter the rough terrain on the course.
- Low budget appeals to a broad audience
- Lightweight cart is easy to push around
- Comes with lots of nice features: an umbrella holder, a mesh net for storage, a drink holder as well as a brake to stop the cart on a hill or to keep it from tipping over
- Fairly large wheels make this cart easy to move over rougher terrain
- Available in three different color options in order to suit personal tastes
- Straps are elastic to allow you to fit multiple bag sizes
- Not the easiest cart to fold up
Clicgear Model 3.5+ Golf Push Cart Review
- NEW 2020 MODEL – New features include: infinitely adjustable silicone bag strap system to secure your bag, adjustable...
- LIGHTWEIGHT & DURABLE – Aircraft grade, scratch-resistant, aluminum tubing and maintenance-free airless tires ensures...
- EXTRA STORAGE – Storage net and full console with built-in scorecard, golf ball, pencil & tee holders
If you have a high budget to get yourself a push cart and you want something that is of high quality then this may be a good option for you. This cart comes available in eight different color options in order to suit the personal tastes of a ton of different golfers.
The cart is capable of folding down easily so that you can transport your clubs to and from the golf course with ease. This push cart does contain a lot of nice features including a cup holder a spot to hold your umbrella, a brake that can be accessed by your hand as well as a large console containing things like a golf ball holder, a pencil holder as well as a tee holder.
- Tons of color options to choose from
- Lightweight construction that is easy to fold
- Size, when folded, is just 13 inches by 15 inches by 24 inches
- Lots of features including golf ball holder, pencil holder, tee holders on the console of the unit as well as a hand brake, a beverage holder an umbrella holder and accessory tabs for other Clicgear accessories
- The budget will definitely be out of reach for quite a lot of people
CaddyTek 3 Wheel EZ-Fold Golf Cart
- Patented quad-fold mechanism folds the cart to compact size in 3 simple steps (28"x16.5"X16.1")
- Strong aluminum frame, weighs less than 15.3 lbs
- Three large 11.5" x 2.6" EVA maintenance-free wheels with ball bearings provide perfect
The CaddyTek 3-wheel EZ-Fold cart is available in several attractive colors, including Lime, Red, and Silver. If you’re on the lookout for a reasonably inexpensive golf cart which is easy to carry and also provides a personal touch, this might be the perfect option for you.
This cart will give you several convenient features that will make your golfing experience much more enjoyable without breaking the bank. Its button will turn it into a compact size, making it easy to stow in your car on your way to the golf course. It’s also easy to carry as it weighs less despite the sturdy aluminum frame.
The wheels are yet another convenient deal, measuring around 11.5 by 2.6 inches. They’re perfect for easy pushing, providing excellent traction and balance no matter what kind of terrain you’re on. The mesh net on the handle, the reliable brakes, and the inbuilt cooler are other features available with this cart.
- Strong frame made of aluminum
- Maintenance-free EVA wheels
- Patented basket with an inbuilt cooler to keep your gear safe
- Handle with mesh net
- Includes umbrella holder
- Includes storage rack
- High-quality components
- Pushing requires minimal effort, especially with the ergonomic handle
- Easily foldable
- One-year manufacturer warranty
- Not the easiest cart to get out of the box
Clicgear Model 8 Golf Push Cart Review
- New in 2019 – improved bag strap System, upgraded brake Handle, enhanced umbrella strap, new scorecard & Pencil...
- Compact – simple to Use slide-to-close mechanism folds the cart down to a size of 15” x 17” x 27” for easy...
- Ultra-stable & durable – Extra wide and long wheelbase for increased stability and aircraft grade, scratch-resistant,...
If you have a really high budget and want to try out an interesting cart then this four-wheel design may be something that interests you. This cart is available in six different color options in order to match your personal tastes and you will also notice that it does have a fair amount of features incorporated into its design to help make up for the higher budget on the unit.
This push cart is capable of folding down into a modest size of 15 inches by 17 inches by 27 inches. The cart is quite easy to fold and therefore really good for someone who likes to procrastinate and shows up late a lot of the time.
The cart has a front wheel braking system in order to keep the cart from rolling away on you. Other nice features in this design include: an umbrella holder, two cup holders as well as a variety of accessory mounts that you can use to mount your golf equipment onto.
- Front brake system will keep this cart from rolling away on you
- The hand brake is used to apply the brakes which is very convenient
- Adjustable handle design
- Available in six colors
- Wide wheel base and four-wheel design will keep this cart from tipping
- Accessory mounts, two cup holders and an umbrella mount are built into the design of this unit
- Capable of folding very easily
- The high budget will certainly be out of reach for a lot of people
Tangkula Golf Push Pull Cart Review
- ♐Sturdy Lightness: Golf push cart features light weight with less than 6lbs, widely adopted as a strong and sturdy...
- ♐Foot Operated Brakes: Functional foot operated brakes enable to guarantee you a safe use and avoid any preventable...
- ♐Easy Changed Direction: With smooth ball bearing wheels, you can pull or push it to your desired place and change the...
This golf cart is one of the cheapest golf carts around that is packed with this many accessories. The cart is made out of a steel design rather than from aluminum which does make it a bit less durable.
This cart has a huge array of features including some really cool ones like a stool and foot operated brakes. Other things that you will find in this design include an umbrella holder, a cup holder, a mesh bag that you can use to store things in, as well as a center console and a large storage compartment ideal for keeping your snacks or extra golf equipment inside.
- It is certainly difficult to find a cart with this many features for this kind of a low budget
- Removable wheels allow for maximum storage ability
- The handle can be adjusted both up and down as well as side to side in order to allow for the most comfortable fit
- Foot operated brakes will keep your cart from rolling away on you
- Features such as a stool, a mesh bag to hold things, a cup holder as well as a large storage space and center console are located on this unit
- The unit is made out of steel so it definitely isn’t as durable or weather resistant as an aluminum design
Hopefully, after reading the buyer’s guide as well as having a look at the product reviews, you now have a better idea as to the many options that are available to you. Always make sure that you have a look at the company warranty as well as the return policy of the company so that you can have some peace of mind. Remember that if you have any questions about products you can actually contact the manufacturer directly, or you can post a comment on a forum or another area and it is very likely that another product user will be able to answer any questions that you have with regards to the product. Best of luck in your search for a great push golf cart, and good luck out on the course!
top image licensed at Deposit Photos
Last update on 2021-02-28 at 12:20 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API