Use The Best Golf Umbrella For Sun Protection, Wind and Rain
If you are out in the middle of the course and start to see clouds rolling in, it is never a good sign. You will want to golf for as long as possible before the rain hits, but you will also want to stay dry once it finally does hit. To be able to stay as dry, you are going to want to keep a golf umbrella in your golf bag so that you can get in as many holes as possible.In a hurry? See our #1 golf umbrella pick at Amazon
There are certainly a lot of these types of umbrellas available on the market and if you want the best of the best, you are going to want to learn what to look for. To help you out, we have created a list of our picks for the top umbrellas on the market and we have also created a golf umbrella buyer’s guide outlining the various things that you should look for in a quality unit.
- Our Picks: Top 10 Best Golf Umbrellas for the Money
- Golf Umbrella Buyer’s Guide
- Our Golf Umbrella Reviews
- G4Free 62 / 68 Inch Automatic Open Golf Umbrella Review
- Golf Umbrella by Procella Umbrella 62-Inch (Auto Open, Rain & Wind Resistant) Review
- RainStoppers 68-Inch Oversize Windproof Golf Umbrella Review
- Sun Tek 68″ UV Protection Wind Cheater Vented Canopy Umbrella Review
- EEZ-Y Folding Golf Umbrella 58-inch Large Windproof Double Canopy Review
Our Picks: Top 10 Best Golf Umbrellas for the Money
Golf Umbrella Buyer’s Guide
What should I look for in terms of SPF protection from the sun?
Unfortunately, not all umbrellas on the market are going to state the amount of SPF protection that they have in their design. Any umbrella is going to make a huge difference in protecting you from the sun’s rays and no matter how much SPF protection an umbrella has in its design, you are better off using a combination of sunscreen as well as an umbrella in order to have the maximum amount of protection possible. As a general rule of thumb the higher the SPF protection the better, but you should try not to solely base your decision off of SPF protection levels for an umbrella because not all manufacturers include this within their product specifications.
What should I get in terms of size?
Choosing the size of your umbrella is by no means something that is easy to do. Rather than choosing a specific size based off of what someone else says to do, you should instead choose the size that covers your body properly. There is no umbrella that is the perfect size for everyone. One person may only need a 30-inch umbrella while another person with a wider stance and wider shoulders may need something as large as 50 or 60 inches to provide full coverage for their body. It is important to note that if you are a taller person, you are generally going to need to get an umbrella that is of a larger size.
What should I look for in an umbrella frame?
The main thing that you are going to want in an umbrella frame is something that is durable. You will generally find that umbrella frames will be made out of some kind of metal, but in order to make sure your umbrella is going to last you, you should have a look to see what type of metal it is. Stainless steel is a good thing to look for in an umbrella as this is a type of metal that is pretty rust resistant and capable of holding up to a good amount of wear and tear.
Should I get something that fits inside a golf cart umbrella mount?
One thing that you are going to have to consider when purchasing a golf umbrella is whether you want to hold onto the umbrella yourself or whether you want your golf cart to hold the umbrella up for you. If you already have a golf cart and have an umbrella mount on your cart, you may have a dilemma on your hands. Some people like to hold the umbrella themselves so that it isn’t in their way when they go to grab new clubs and others like to have their hands free when they are roaming the course so the umbrella mount is the perfect solution. No matter your decision, just remember that if you decide you want to use your umbrella on a mount, you may want to contact the manufacturer beforehand in order to make sure that the umbrella is compatible with your style of holder.
What should I aim to get in terms of storage space?
Since you are going to be bringing your umbrella out on the course with you, you are going to want to try to search for an umbrella that allows you to be able to fold up the unit into a pretty small size. Especially if you have a small golf bag, you may find that size is your biggest issue when looking for a golfing umbrella. Some people don’t like to place their umbrellas in their golf bag for fear of them breaking, but if that is something that you would like, you may want to take measurements to see just how much room you have. The smaller the foldable size, the better, but just remember that you still want the umbrella to be large enough to be able to cover you properly in the case of rain or a bright and sunny day.
How should a golf umbrella function?
A golf umbrella should be a device that is extremely easy to use. Most umbrellas you will find actually work at the touch of a button. Normally, it can take as little as a second or two to unfold an umbrella and make it full size again. This is a good thing to look for in manufacturer specs so that you aren’t struggling in the rain trying to get your umbrella open and getting soaked while out on the course. The other thing that you may want to have a glance at is how the unit actually folds up when it is not in an expanded state. It shouldn’t take you very long to do this and it is definitely a good idea to see what kind of a locking mechanism the umbrella you are looking at has so that you can keep the umbrella in the state that you desire.
What should the ribs of the umbrella be?
Generally, you are going to find that the ribs of an umbrella will be made up of some type of metal or a fiberglass design. Fiberglass is the lighter and more expensive of the two designs and may be what you want to look for in a unit. The nice thing about a fiberglass design is that you never have to worry about the ribs of your umbrella rusting and you also have a lighter umbrella to carry around. Fiberglass is also an extremely durable material so if you want your umbrella to last you for a long length of time, you may want to keep your eyes peeled for this material within the ribs of the umbrella.
What should I expect in terms of a warranty for a golf umbrella?
The nice thing about buying a golf umbrella compared to a regular umbrella is that these types of umbrellas are designed to be able to last. When you are out in the middle of a golf course in an open area wind is usually faster and therefore umbrellas have to be more durable to be able to hold up over time. For this reason, you will most likely find that it is not hard to be able to find an umbrella with a long warranty on it. In fact, you should not be surprised if you come across several umbrellas that have a lifetime warranty on them during your search for a new golf umbrella.
Our Golf Umbrella Reviews
G4Free 62 / 68 Inch Automatic Open Golf Umbrella Review
If you have a medium sized budget and want to pick up a golf umbrella, you should check out this design. The unit comes available in seven different color options and you can choose to pick up the umbrella in a 62 inch or a 68-inch size to suit your needs. This is a great hand held umbrella that is more than capable of being able to keep you dry when you are out on the course.
- The unit has an EVA grip design, which is quite comfortable no matter the length of time you have to hold the umbrella for
- The design has 50+ SPF protection, which is some pretty great protection from the sun’s rays
- The unit is windproof and will not break as a result of heavy winds when you are on or off of the course
- The design is actually a double canopy design, which makes the umbrella much easier to use in bad weather conditions
- The umbrella is super easy to open and opens at the push of a button
- The unit is made out of stainless steel and has fiberglass ribs for durability
- Guarantee from the manufacturer against any defects that come up in the unit, which is great for the price tag of this product
- This is a hand held umbrella, which some people may not like
- The unit does not fold down into a really tiny shape, in fact, the 62-inch unit is still 39.4 inches and the 68-inch unit is still 43.3 inches
Where to Buy:
If you have a bit of room in your golf bag and you don’t mind carrying an umbrella around in your hand, you are likely going to be a fan of this product. The unit comes in two different size options capable of suiting the needs of most people. This product is made out of some extremely durable materials and it is extremely likely that this umbrella will last you for a long time as the manufacturer designed this umbrella to last a lifetime. A very good product for the price tag and definitely a golf umbrella that you should consider.
Golf Umbrella by Procella Umbrella 62-Inch (Auto Open, Rain & Wind Resistant) Review
If you have a bit of a higher budget for a golf umbrella and want to pick up a unit that is tested for durability, you may like this design. The unit is available in seven different color options and is 62 inches wide, which is big enough to suit the needs of most people. This is an umbrella that is backed by the manufacturer and is truly high quality for the price.
- The unit is designed to be able to hold up through all sorts of weather conditions including rain, the sun as well as the wind
- The design is not just good for golf and can definitely be used outside of the course if you desire
- The unit has fiberglass ribs, which makes the umbrella light weight in design and very durable
- The unit was tested and passed a wind tunnel for sky divers at 46 mph
- Limited lifetime guarantee on this umbrella will allow you to get a replacement umbrella in case you ever find that your umbrella breaks on you
- Comes with a matching carrying sleeve cover, which is ideal for transporting the umbrella around wherever you need
- The unit is capable of protecting up to two people at one time and weighs in at just 1.1 lbs
- The umbrella must be held up by hand, which may not appeal to some people
- The unit only folds down to 38.7 inches, which is not super tiny for a packed golf bag
Where to Buy:
If you have a bit of a higher budget for an umbrella and are okay with holding the umbrella yourself when you are out and about on the course, you will likely enjoy this design. The unit is capable of keeping you dry and out of the sun regardless of how bad the weather is at all times. Even though this umbrella may be a tad bit more expensive than that of a regular golf umbrella it is really hard to beat the limited lifetime warranty that this manufacturer offers with their products.
RainStoppers 68-Inch Oversize Windproof Golf Umbrella Review
If you have a low budget and want to be able to get a large umbrella, you should take a look at this umbrella design. The unit comes in a total of nine different color options to suit your personal tastes and is designed with a massive 68-inch span. The unit is very high quality for a low price tag and actually sports things like fiberglass and a sleeve.
- This unit has fiberglass ribs in its design, which is spectacular for the price of this umbrella
- The design is 68 inches, which is plenty large enough to be able to cover two people out on the course
- The design has a non-slip rubber handle on it, which will allow you to be able to carry the umbrella around comfortably wherever you please
- The unit comes with a matching sleeve, which is surprising for the low price tag
- The design is windproof and won’t buckle on you in strong winds
- The design only comes in a large 68-inch size
- The unit has to be carried around by the handle, which is not ideal for some golfers
- The unit is 43 inches long when it is closed, which could make it difficult to fit in some golf bags
Where to Buy:
If you have extra room in your golf bag and a low budget to purchase a golf umbrella, you may be a fan of this product. The umbrella is quite large for the price and definitely more than capable of protecting two people from the weather. The unit is easy and comfortable to carry and overall it is a pretty good construction for the low price tag of this product. Definitely an umbrella you will want to consider if you are looking to save some money.
Sun Tek 68″ UV Protection Wind Cheater Vented Canopy Umbrella Review
If you have a relatively low budget for a golf umbrella and want something that is proven to protect your from the sun, you should check out this design. The umbrella comes in four different color options and is quite large at 68 inches. The unit is designed to be able to fit into most umbrella mounts on golf carts and therefore this may just be the unit you have been searching for. In fact, we think that this is the best golf umbrella for push carts right now.
- If you have an umbrella mount, you likely won’t have to hold onto this unit when roaming the course
- The unit has an ergonomic handle in case you do want to hang onto this umbrella
- The design is quite large at 68 inches and can definitely cover more than one person
- The unit actually has both a fiberglass shaft and ribs so you don’t have to worry about rust or durability
- Extremely light weight design of the product makes this a very portable unit
- Double canopy design of the umbrella is capable of keeping the umbrella in good shape even in high wind conditions
- The low price tag is definitely appealing if you want to save some money
- The unit only comes in a 68-inch size, which is quite large
- Only comes in four color options
Where to Buy:
This umbrella is a hard one to say no to if you have a golf cart umbrella mount. Not only is this a beautifully constructed fiberglass design, but this is also a low budget umbrella that has been tested against the sun and proven to protect you against UVA, UVC AND UVB rays. This is definitely an umbrella that you need to consider if you are on a budget so long as you are happy with the 68-inch size of the unit and the color options that the unit comes available in.
EEZ-Y Folding Golf Umbrella 58-inch Large Windproof Double Canopy Review
If you have a relatively high budget for an umbrella and are interested in getting something a little on the smaller side of things, you may like this 58-inch design. This umbrella comes in eight different color options and is designed to be wind proof and water repellent. This umbrella is also ideal if you don’t have a whole lot of room in your golf bag as it is capable of folding down into a very small size.
- The unit is made out of a combination of fiberglass and stainless steel so that the umbrella doesn’t rust and so that the unit is extremely durable
- The design has a lifetime guarantee on it, which can give you peace of mind spending this much on an umbrella
- The design comes with a 90-day full refund guarantee if you aren’t satisfied with the product
- The design folds down to the small size of 23 inches, which is ideal for stuffing into packed golf bags
- The unit weighs just 1.2 lbs, which means it is easy to move around with you wherever you want to go
- Double canopy construction of this umbrella means that it can stand up to gale force winds and won’t fold up on you when in use
- Button push design allows you to be able to open the umbrella in a second
- Higher price tag of the unit may not appeal to some people
- This is a hand held umbrella
Where to Buy:
If you are willing to pay a bit more money in exchange for getting a unit that can actually fit in your golf bag with ease, you should pick up one of these umbrellas. The unit comes with plenty of color options to suit your personal tastes and has a very durable design. It is hard to beat the lifetime warranty that comes with one of these umbrellas and the fact that it is made out of a rust-proof design. Definitely, a golf umbrella to consider if you want portability and reliability and don’t mind carrying the unit around the golf course.
We hope that our article has helped to teach you some things about golf umbrellas and that you now feel as though you will be able to pick up one of your own. It is always important to remember to keep bag space in mind when choosing an umbrella as well as how durable is so that it will last you for a long time. Golf umbrellas are truly an essential item to have out on the course so that you can get in as many holes as possible. All the best of luck with picking out a golf umbrella and we hope that you enjoy yourself out on the course.