Senior Golfers Beginner’s Equipment Guide: Top Practice Nets for Golfers Over 50
If you want to practice a lot and hit a whole bunch of balls in a row to try to play consistently, you may want to consider picking up a golfing practice net. These products are used to allow you to drive or chip golf balls without having to run a long distance to retrieve your ball. If you want to practice your swinging consistency and your ability to hit balls with a certain amount of force, then a practice net is the perfect solution for your wants and needs.
Best Practice Nets for Senior Golfers
Below you can find the the most important things to look for in a practice net. But if you want recommendations, here are some of the nicest practice nets that we could find on the marketplace that you should consider:
Ajillis 3-in-1 Golf Practice Set Review
If you are looking for a relatively low priced practice net, you may be interested in picking up one of these designs. The nice thing about this practice net is that you get a chipping net, a driving net as well a driving mat so that you don’t ruin your lawn. The design is weather resistant and the specs and measurements for each of the nets are given so that you can be sure that the net will fit in the location that you want it to.
- The net is made from two expandable fiberglass poles, which is relatively easy to break down for storage
- The driving net is 11 x 7 x 5.5 feet, which is quite large and you even get a target to aim at
- The chipping net is 23 inches by 26 inches, which is quite small, but it will definitely help to improve your chipping
- The mat that you get is made out of quality nylon material that is built to last
- The design is built to be relatively easy to break down so that you can store the unit as you need
- The unit comes with a nylon carrying bag, which you can use to store all of the things that come in the set
- Very reasonable price tag for a three piece set, you would likely pay more money to buy these units separately
- If you only need one practice net, you may not appreciate “paying” for all of these products
If these products appeal to you and you like all of the things that you get in this set, you are probably going to be hard pressed to find a cheaper deal. This is an awesome set that will allow you to be able to practice your chipping and driving with ease. The design is easy to setup and takedown and it is great to have a bag to put everything in so that you can take everything with you in an organized manner. Definitely a great deal for someone who wants to practice their golf game and a deal that you should consider taking.
Rukket Portable Driving Range 3 in 1 Golf Set Review
If you have a moderate to high price tag in mind for a practice net and want to have multiple targets to shoot at, you may be interested in one of these designs. With your purchase of this set, you get a very nice driving net, a chipping net as well as a mat that you can use to practice off of. This design is very portable and it is a breeze to setup and take down.
- The design has a driving net, which measures up at 10 x 7 x 5 feet, which is quite large
- The unit folds, which means that take down and setup of the net is a piece of cake
- Golf ball roll back feature incorporated into the design means that you don’t have to use a whole bunch of golf balls
- The unit comes with a portable turf mat, which has a non-skid base design allowing you to be able to hit off of the mat with ease
- The target that comes with this design has three holes in it, which gives you a lot of options for practicing
- Instructions are included with the unit so that you can be sure that you will be able to fold down the unit easily
- The higher price of this product could be out of budget for some golfers
If you can afford the price of this unit, you are not going to be disappointed with the quality of the product that you get. This is a unit that comes with some very nice pieces of equipment and all of the equipment is pretty easy to move around, which is ideal. This set will allow you to be able to practice chipping and driving as much as much as you desire and thanks to the turf, you won’t even ruin your lawn in the process. An awesome golf set if you can afford it.
What To Consider
To help you pick out your own practice net, here are some of the things to be on the lookout for, when you are searching for one in the marketplace:
If you want to pick up a quality practice net, you are going to want to try to find a net that offers some kind of ball collection. Generally, all practice nets will have some kind of ball collection at the bottom so that you don’t have to scavenge the net and look for all of the balls that you hit. Generally, these mechanisms use the power of gravity to drop the ball down to a specific location for you to pick up. If you want to bend your back as little as possible, while getting the most amount of practice in that you can, you should definitely try to find a design that has this in it.
The size of practice nets vary a lot from unit to unit and you are going to have to decide just how big of a net you want to purchase. The larger the net you buy, the more room you are going to need to set up the net. It is important to consider that a small net can have the advantage of being a smaller target, which can in itself be more difficult to hit. For example: if you chose to get something like a chipping net, it can be a struggle to land your ball into the net at all, let alone in the center of the net. There are plenty of options available and you are going to have to decide what aspect of your game you want to practice the most before picking up a practice net.
This is a very important factor that you should consider, especially if you plan to take the unit with you from place to place. If you buy something large, you should definitely make sure that you take setup and takedown time into account as some practice nets do take quite a bit of work to setup and take down. The less parts that make up a net, the easier it is going to be to move the unit around your yard or to whatever location you desire. After a while of hitting into the net in one location, you may want to change up your view. Portability is always something that you should keep in the back of your mind when looking at products that are available.
If you really want to get some good, accurate practice in, you may want to consider trying to find a net that has a target in its design, which allows you to be able to aim for small parts of the net to improve your accuracy. Although it can definitely be hard and almost pointless to aim a drive and try to hit a small target, a target can be a good indication if you are slicing and if your drive would have remained straight if it would have kept travelling in the same direction.
One thing that you need to think about if you are going to practice hitting a whole bunch of balls into a net is your lawn. Unfortunately, golf is not a great sport to play at your own house and on your own grass. Even good golfers tend to touch the ground every once and a while and hitting your ball in the same spot time after time is bound to wreak havoc on your lawn. The most important accessory that you can look for when picking up a practice net is definitely a practice mat that you can hit off of so that you don’t have to worry about your neighbours, partner or anyone else getting mad at you for ruining the lawn. One other thing that can improve your life that sometimes comes as a practice net accessory is some kind of a bag that you can use to store your net in.